NHS website - How can I work out my body mass index (BMI)?
To work out your BMI:
- divide your weight in kilograms (kg) by your height in metres (m)
- then divide the answer by your height again to get your BMI
- if you weigh 70kg and you're 1.75m tall, divide 70 by 1.75 – the answer is 40
- then divide 40 by 1.75 – the answer is 22.9
- your BMI is 22.9kg/m2
Try the BMI healthy weight calculator to find out your BMI and get personalised weight loss advice.
- Erectile dysfunction
- Weight loss & management
- Stop smoking
Repeat Prescription Service
An easy way to manage your Repeat Prescription online.
- Free Registration
- Auto reminder service
- Free Delivery
Common Health Questions
- NHS video wall with stroke, diabetes, and kidney and heart?
- Your health, your way. Your NHS guide to long-term conditions and self care?
- Can I take cough and cold remedies while I'm breastfeeding?
- Can I take paracetamol or ibuprofen with cough or cold medicines?