Five things you must know about Botox
If you are reading this blog, the reasons could be that either you are planning to get Botox done or you have already undergone the needle and are now anxious if everything is alright. Botox is a magical procedure that has gained a lot of popularity over the years. The quick shot of Botox is known to erase the signs of ageing within a few sessions. However, the famous treatment has also earned some ‘bad name’ due to the few botched botox examples that came up... Why did this happen? Some could be due to technical fault or could be the result of overuse of botox. Let’s look at some classic mistakes:
1. Not knowing the exact dose: Before you hurriedly leap into the bandwagon of Botox, work with your surgeon to start with a minimal dose to check how well it settles on your face. Many people do not enquire about the botox units they would need and end up getting more units injected thus giving them a ‘frozen look’. The requirements for Botox units varies from one person to another and you might need lesser than your best friend who recently got the perfect job done with exact 4 units. Do not be in a hurry. Sit back and decide.
2. Running behind cutting down costs: The coupons available on Groupon could be tempting but this practice has lead to a lot of botched botox jobs. If you run behind cutting the costs, then you might end up getting a bad job done. Always check for a reputable provider for Botox/ Anti-wrinkle treatments. If you stay in or around Dulwich or anywhere in South east London, then Touchwood pharmacy is a great choice for you.
3. Not choosing a professional/ experienced professional: But your dentist recently started practising Botox treatments...So should you go to him? It’s a big NO! You should always prefer a certified plastic surgeon over any dentist or general practitioner who has recently started giving Botox shots… Plastic surgeons guarantee a perfect job done based on the number of years they have been practising so it’s safer to choose them.
4. Waiting for the ideal age: Remember that there is no ideal age for Botox. It all depends on your facial expressions, the type of skin and of course your decision. Many people assume Botox treatment to be a magic wand that reverses age, however, it works better if you treat is as a preventative measure and not curative. More and more people are choosing Botox in their early 20’s to preserve their youthful look.
5. Assume Botox to be a one-time process: Some women believe that the effects of Botox are permanent. This is incorrect. Its effects are temporary and last up to four months. The Botox treatment is done as and when your skin needs it.
For more details about Botox/ Anti-wrinkle treatment, visit Touchwood Pharmacy.
For Further Enquiries