How to buy Lariam Tablets online
In order to buy Lariam (mefloquine) 250mg tablets online in the UK you need a prescription. Our convenient online service allows you to obtain a prescription and order Lariam (mefloquine) 250mg tablets online without having to see a prescriber face-to-face.
1. Click 'Add to cart' and choose your preferred treatment to buy.
2. Fill in our brief assessment questionnaire online.
3. Our online prescriber will review your information and approve appropriate treatment.
Lariam (mefloquine) 250mg tablets is a malaria prevention medication available to buy in the UK on prescription. It is important to take Lariam exactly as prescribed.
Using Lariam (mefloquine) 250mg tablets to prevent malaria in adults:
- Take ONE tablet once every week.
- Start taking Lariam (mefloquine) 250mg tablets 10 days before travelling to an area which has malaria. It will then be fully working when you enter the area. (If you experience side-effects during those 10 days you should seek medical advice.)
- Take Lariam (mefloquine) 250mg tablets with food (evening meal) and with water.
- Continue taking Lariam (mefloquine) 250mg tablets once every week during your stay
- Continue taking Lariam (mefloquine) 250mg tablets for another 4 weeks after your return to a malaria-free area. (minimum 6 weeks treatment)
Not suitable for people with a history of depression or mental health problems.
Not suitable for children. Not suitable for use in pregnancy or while breast-feeding.
Women taking mefloquine should use reliable contaceptive precautions while taking mefloquine and for 3 months after.
Not suitable for people with severe liver problems.
Not suitable for use in patients with epilepsy.
Stop taking Lariam if you experience psychiatric side effects and source an alternative malaria prevention treatment.
Caution if using Lariam when diving.
|Quantity tablets||Lariam Tablets|
|8 (1 week in malaria zone)||£29|
|9 (2 weeks in malaria zone)||£31|
|10 (3 weeks in malaria zone)||£33|
|11 (4 weeks in malaria zone)||£35|
(includes delivery standard Royal Mail 24 hour signed for)
(Click 'add to cart' for prices for longer stays in the malaria zone)
|Price on List & View||No|
|Warnings||Stop taking Lariam if you experience psychiatric side effects and source an alternative malaria prevention treatment. Caution if using Lariam when diving.|
|Directions||Take ONE tablet each week starting at least 10 days before you enter the malaria zone, and continue weekly until 4 weeks after leaving the malaria zone.|
|Side Effects||Possible Side Effects of Lariam (mefloquine) 250mg tablets Like all medicines, Lariam (mefloquine) 250mg tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Lariam can cause mood changes, sleep disturbance, dizziness and headache. Dizziness and disturbed balance can occur several weeks after stopping Lariam. Please see the electronic information leaflet for more details.|