Travel Clinic Minster
Make your health your first priority (even when you travel)
Some international trips especially to developing countries and rural areas can impose higher health risks. The risk factors depend on a number of things including:
- Location where you are travelling
- Type of activities involved while travelling
- The current state of your health
- Your vaccination history
Many diseases that have been eradicated in the UK and other developed countries or have become rare in the United Kingdom, such as measles and polio, but are still prevalent/ common in other parts of the world. Some activities, such as attending crowded events, can increase the spread of infectious disease. No matter what your dream destination/ choice of destination is, You should plan getting vaccines done before you fly.
Plan your vaccination schedule in advance
Looking up to records and getting the right vaccines done will definitely need sometime. To complete the process flawlessly, you should approach a Travel vaccine Clinic in your vicinity. If you stay around Minster, East Kent or CT 12 areas, then Touchwood Travel Clinic is the right choice for you.
Discuss your health with our professionals when you begin to plan international travel.
- See your healthcare professional at least 4-6 weeks before any international travel. You may need this much time to complete a series of vaccines, and your body needs time to build up immunity. Find out vaccine recommendations and requirements for your travel destination.
- Ask about routine vaccines when you talk to your health care professional about travel. Make sure you are up to date on your all recommended vaccines, such as MMR vaccine, before you travel.
- Check if the country you are travelling to requires proof of yellow fever vaccine or any other vaccine.
General Tips to Travel Smart and Stay Fit
Vaccination is the first step toward staying healthy while travelling. Here are other important ways to avoid illness:
- Be careful before eat and drink. Follow safe eating and drinking practices.
- Bugs (including mosquitoes, ticks, and some flies) can spread a number of diseases. Use insect repellent and learn to avoid Bug Bites.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Don't touch animals, especially monkeys, dogs, and birds.
Our Travel Clinic services extend to various locations like Ramsgate, East Kent, CT 11, CT 12 and Margate.
72 High Street
Tel: 01843 821215