Flying and airports have always presented unique health challenges. You also need to consider whether you require any vaccinations depending upon your country of destination. Travel health tips have never been more important during the Coronavirus pandemic and our travel clinics in Walsall and Bromley offer advice and guidance on all aspects of safe travel.
What can a travel health clinic offer to you?
Travel health clinics can offer information and travel health tips on all aspects of travel, particularly as they pertain to any pre-existing health conditions you may have and which could be affected by your journey. Some good tips to think about when you are flying include:
- Stay hydrated- long haul flights can dehydrate you and make you more prone to picking up respiratory type illnesses. Avoid high-sugar energy drinks and alcohol.
- Sanitise your hands frequently and wipe down your seating area, seat belt and table with alcohol-based sanitising wipes.
- Use the air circulation system and set it to medium
- Keep moving, get up and walk around as much as you can. Blood clots and DVT – Deep Vein Thrombosis – are conditions which can develop on long, overseas flights.
- Take an immunity booster before you travel, available as a drink.
- Keep any medication you take with you in your hand luggage.
As well as sensible precautions, a travel health clinic can also offer advice on how to manage current health conditions and also whether or not you require any vaccinations for your destination country or countries.
More than one in five people who have travelled on a flight will develop a cold or other respiratory illness after they land and this statistic is before Covid. Planes are the perfect breeding ground for bugs and disease as they are enclosed spaces with a high concentration of people from all over the world. Planes are in constant use with high passenger numbers every day. Some studies show that germs and bacteria can survive within the aeroplane for up to seven days.
For travel health tips, visit our travel health clinics in Bromley and Wasall. For professional advice on how to stay safe when you fly and all the vaccinations you need for your destination country, our website has more information https://www.touchwoodpharmacy.com/