Your thyroid is an important gland that you generally don’t have to think about very often. However, when something goes wrong with your thyroid, your entire body will feel the effects. The thyroid gland is responsible for many processes in your body, including your metabolism, heart rate, mood, heart rate, and energy levels.
Thyroid function can be impacted by several factors, including lifestyle, genetics, and environment. Research has also shown that some of the foods we eat can affect thyroid function. If you suffer from thyroid dysfunction or are worried about developing one, there are 6 superfoods you should add to your diet.
Six Superfoods for a Healthy Thyroid
- Olive Oil: Extra virgin olive oil contains a healthy fatty acid that supports your health. In addition to lowering your risk of heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes, extra virgin olive oil can also reduce inflammation. Inflammation can damage your thyroid.
- Salted Nuts: Macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, and Brazil nuts are high in selenium, a nutrient that your thyroid gland needs. Eating just a few nuts throughout the day can help improve your thyroid health.
- Fresh Eggs: Fresh, whole eggs contain several health boosting nutrients and vitamins, including selenium. It’s important to eat the whole egg as the yolks are where most of the nutrients are.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are a true superfood because of the amount of antioxidants they contain. They can give you energy, a metabolic boost, and reduce toxins that can impact thyroid health.
- Fatty Fish: The omega-3 found in fatty fish decrease inflammation, reduce cholesterol, and lower the risk of heart disease. They also contain selenium. Not all fish provide this level of nutrition so look for wild salmon, tuna, sardines, and trout.
- Beans and Lentils: Arguably the most affordable foods on this list, beans and lentils are great for thyroid health. Able to be worked into countless recipes, they are high in fibre, antioxidants, and proteins. Beans and lentils can also give you a significant energy boost.
Private Thyroid Blood Tests in Sydenham and Streatham
If you want to check on your thyroid function, you can book a fast, reliable, and affordable private thyroid blood test in Leighton Buzzard and Ramsgate. With our services, you can avoid waiting lists and get the answers you need right away. Contact us or book online for a private thyroid blood test in Bromley and Northolt.