High cholesterol can silently affect your health and increase your risk of heart disease and other complications. Read about the five signs you should watch out for and the importance of private cholesterol blood tests for early detection.
- Elevated blood pressure. High cholesterol and hypertension often go hand in hand. A consistently high blood pressure reading beyond 120/80 mmHg may indicate an underlying cholesterol problem.
- Chest pain or angina. Chest discomfort, particularly during physical activity or exertion, occurs when the arteries supplying blood to the heart become narrowed or blocked due to cholesterol buildup and could be a sign of high cholesterol.
- Yellowish deposits on your skin. One visible sign of high cholesterol is the presence of yellowish, fatty deposits called xanthomas. These will typically appear on your eyelids, hands, elbows, or knees. While their occurrence doesn’t always signify high cholesterol, it’s worth getting checked by a healthcare professional.
- Fatigue and weakness. Exhaustion with no apparent reason might be associated with high cholesterol. The buildup of cholesterol in the arteries restricts blood flow, potentially reducing the amount of oxygen and nutrients reaching your muscles and organs.
- Shortness of breath. Cholesterol accumulated in the arteries can limit blood flow to your lungs, leading to shortness of breath. If you feel short of breath easily, even during light physical activities, suspect high cholesterol to be the culprit.
If you experience any of these signs or suspect high cholesterol, take private cholesterol blood tests in Camberley. Better yet, consult your healthcare provider for proper evaluation and guidance.
Importance of Private Cholesterol Blood Tests in Northampton
High cholesterol is silent but deadly. Because it often presents no noticeable symptoms, regular check-ups, and private cholesterol blood tests Lichfield are thus necessary to properly monitor your cholesterol levels.
As the adage goes, prevention is better than cure. It is better to visit a health clinic for private cholesterol blood tests.
At Touchwood Pharmacy, we offer private cholesterol blood tests that are proven accurate and reliable. We have been providing NHS services for 20 years and counting. Contact us now and book an appointment at your most convenient time.